[Jewish] Feminism, Rape and the State of Israel!

Lexi Light adl02 at hampshire.edu
Sat Mar 25 17:51:05 EST 2006

'Between Us' Film screening and discussion

Nancy Schwartzman
*Film Maker *Photographer *Co-Founder of "Heeb" Magazine *Founder of
NYC-Safestreets.org

Screening of clips from "Between Us" and Discussion with Nancy
Tuesday
April 4, 2006
FPH- Main Lecture Hall
7:30pm

Her Film/Her Story:
"Between Us" deals with the intersection of feminism, sexual identity
and religious culture. It examines women's control of their bodies
and command of public space, and the reality of Jewish on Jewish
violence. I traveled to Jerusalem in September 1999 and filmed until
September 2000. At the end of my stay in Israel I was raped. This
story is about going back to confront my perpetrator and take back
the part of me that was left behind.
 From 2002-2005, Nancy was a founding editor and Creative Director of
Heeb Magazine, where she also curated photography features and wrote
feature articles... Nancy also founded the non-profit, non-
governmental educational website, NYC-Safestreets.org which creates
maps to alerts pedestrians, especially women, to routes that will
enhance their travel safety. NYC-Safestreets.org serves as a gateway
to connect businesses, community activities and citizens who are
working towards building safe communities.
more info on Nancy:

This event is sponsored by the Jewish Student Union, Counselor
Advocates, and the Student Alliance for Israel
It is also presented as part of the Pioneer Valley Jewish Film Festival