[Jewish] Jewish Studies update

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Tue Jan 31 19:44:17 EST 2006

Dear all,
I wanted to send around some updates about what "Jewish Studies" (i.e. me?) is
doing this semester:
First, we are offering a limited number of small grants for students doing upper
Divisional level work in topics related to Jewish Studies. See CORC for more
information.
Also, I am teaching two courses this semester relating to Jewish Studies/Ethnic
and Race Studies: HACU 148: Art and Exile, which is linked to our semester-long
series (more info below) and HACU 220: Imagining the Other: Blacks, Indians, and
Jews in America.
And finally, we have a wonderful series of lectures, panel discussions, and even
films planned for the spring, called "Art, Exile, Memory." See our webpage at
http://www.hampshire.edu/cms/index.php?id=7838 for more info (and it will keep
getting updated with new events and information). Andrei Codrescu, New Orleans
bard and NPR commentator and Romanian-Jewish exile will be kicking off the
series on February 9 at 7 pm in the Main Lecture Hall.
Best of luck in the new semester and please feel free to stop by or get in
touch!
Best,

Rachel Rubinstein
Jeremiah Kaplan Visiting Assistant Professor of Jewish American Literature and
Culture
School of Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5518