[Jewish] This Chanukah Help Confront The Holocaust Deniers

Rabbi Marvin Hier, Founder & Dean enewsletter at wiesenthal.net
Wed Dec 13 09:39:42 EST 2006

December 13, 2006

THIS CHANUKAH WE MUST CONFRONT THE HOLOCAUST DENIERS IN TEHRAN (https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726)

Excerpts From Survivor Testimony "WITNESS TO THE TRUTH" Conference:

Toronto:  "To those who deny the Holocaust ever happened I would like them to personally explain to me what happened to my 6-year old brother, who was murdered in Auschwitz, to my 33-year old mother, my 36-year old father and to the one and a half million children who did not survive the Holocaust!"
      --Sally Wasserman, survived Dobrowa Ghetto, Poland; 8 year-old orphan when liberated

	New York:  "The philosopher Edmund Burke said, 'For evil to triumph, good men have to do nothing.' I kept my silence until 10 years ago when a Holocaust denier came to Queens College where I work, to talk about whether the Holocaust took place...[Today] if this monster in human form [Ahmadinejad] manages to convince people that the Holocaust didn't take place, future generations will pay for it."
     --Karl Schapiro, survivor hidden under floorboards in barn in Poland

	Los Angeles:  "It's important that people hear our cries and see our tears-that they know. They took everything away from me but I will not allow them to take my memory and my soul."
     --Eva Brown, survivor Auschwitz, Plaszow Camps; who lost 60 members of her family
December 13, 2006

Dear hamphire,

On Monday, fifty Survivors gathered in New York, Toronto and Los Angeles to   chronicle their experiences during the Holocaust for an historic video conference, "Witness to the Truth," which was widely covered by the international media.

None of the Survivors could believe that 65 years after Auschwitz they were forced to assemble to confront Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who held a two-day conference in Tehran, for  (https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726) the   (https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726)express purpose of denying the Holocaust.   With palpable anguish and disbelief, these Survivors, now in the last years of their lives, were forced again to validate their experiences.  But there was no alternative -- they had to retell their accounts in order to refute the President of Iran, an individual who wants to obliterate Israel, who has called the Holocaust "a myth" and who is  on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons.

We are about to celebrate Chanukah, a festival commemorating a time when Light extinguished (https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726) Darkness.  We must do the same in our time.  We must confront the darkness that now emanates from Iran.

We are producing an important DVD, "Witness to the Truth" in order to share (https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726) the courage and tenacity of these fifty Survivors, who each told their stories in 5 minutes, with schools and universities in North America and abroad.

It is vital for the younger generation to hear the words of these Survivors so that they can be empowered to stand up to the deniers of the Holocaust.  Please partner with us and contribute generously and help us to produce the "Witness to the Truth" DVD. We're counting on your support. (https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726)

 Happy Chanukah to you and your family.

Rabbi Marvin Hier
Founder and Dean

Please forward this important message to your friends and family today by using this link... (http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/lookup.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=2288379)
We need your support to continue our work.
 Please click here to support the work of the Simon Wiesenthal Center (https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726) .
Send inquiries to: information at wiesenthal.net (mailto:information at wiesenthal.net)
Or send mail to:
Simon Wiesenthal Center
1399 South Roxbury, Los Angeles, California 90035
310-553-9036
http://www.wiesenthal.com (http://www.wiesenthal.com/)
	  SWC Snider Social Action Institute

This e-mail was sponsored by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, an international
organization with 400,000 members, promoting tolerance and combating antisemitism worldwide.

To remove yourself from this mailing, please go to http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M722188646942522438679965

To remove yourself from all mailings from Simon Wiesenthal Center, please go to http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M722188656942522438679965