[Jewish] Jewish Student Union Relief Efforts for Victims of Earthquake

rag04 at hampshire.edu rag04 at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 18 10:46:39 EST 2005

Hello All-

I am sure many of you are aware(unless you live under a rock) of the devastating
earthquake in Kashmir/Pakistan. Victims of this natural disaster are still in
imminent danger and in need of a plethora of supplies in the coming weeks for
fear of millions more dying.

I want to call on the Jewish Student Union to take action and undergo some type
of major funds drive to send to the victims and aid organizations. The Cultural
Center is writing a proposal to pool all the efforts of on campus organizations
together, and I want the JSU to be a part of this.

Tonight at Shabbat I think we should have a discussion about what we can do. You
can come this evening between candle-lighting (4:08) and dinner (6:00) to talk
about possible efforts and strategies that might also involve soliciting help
from family when people go home for Thanksgiving.

Always keep social action on your minds,
Rachel Ann

----- End forwarded message -----