[Jewish] Purim!

Alexis Light adl02 at hampshire.edu
Mon Mar 21 13:59:53 EST 2005

It's that time of year! Marry making, noise producing, community
building purim and of course, the possibility for biblically alloted
drunken goodness.   So here is what you need to know about purim
events!

The five college purim party is as follows:

Five College Hillel Megillah Reading & Purim Party
Thursday, March 24
7:00 pm, Amherst College, Alumni House
(behind the Lord Jeffrey)

We will have our very own hampshire college megillah readers (Noam and
RL!)!

There is a 7pm bus that will get us to amherst at 7:10.  I propose that
we go in true hampshire style by taking the bus.  This way we will save
gas, and it will allow for no pressure on who wants to drink and who
doesn't, and no risk of drunk driving.  Let me make it clear that
alcohol will not be provided and is not encouraged, but you are welcome
to bring your own.  If your are set on driving though, feel free, and
offer rides to your friend (maybe even come to the bus circle just
before 7 with your car).
After the festivities at Amherst, some of us, including myself will
then head down the road to the chabad house to continue the
celebration.  All are invited to come!

next, COSTUMES!
We've taken the initiative try and a arrange a common hampshire theme.
The decision made a few weeks ago at shabbos was to be a wedding party.
  What this means:  Dress up as if you're going to a wedding!  I think
we have two marriage couples (elana and ariel? and then daniela and
rachel?).  So, everyone else needs to be bridesmaids, groomsmen,
groomsmaid, parents of the bride and groom, step parents of the bride
and groom, ex-husbands of the bride, you get the idea.  Be creative and
have fun with costume choices!
At the bus circle i will have two things to help distinguish this
costume.  One will be hello my name is type labels for us to write our
roles.  (example "bride #2").  The other will be tissue paper flowers
and safety pins for us to pin on as buttoners.  The extra ones will be
made into a bouquet for the two brides.  Make sue you get these goods!
(If you need costume help, there are some costume mistresses among us,
talk to each other!, e-mail me if you have questions!  I've heard that
some people even brought back some extra close!)

Paper flower making!
SO, i want help making them!  My mod (95 in prescott), wednesday night.
9:30pm (I'm in class before then, so sorry it isn't earlier).   I may
even bake cookies!  This would be a perfect chance to  bring costume
pieces to swap, or just discuss ideas.

So that is it for now, Hope everyone's breaks were filled with
blessings,
Your jewish mother,
Lexi