[Jewish] hanukah plans

Alexis Light adl02 at hampshire.edu
Tue Nov 23 15:03:58 EST 2004

So i know, it's only thanksgiving right now, but before we know it, it
will be hanukah!  So, here is the planing thus far... if you have any
other ideas, or want to help with any of these  e-mail me.
adl02 at hampshire.edu

A few of us were talking about hosting candle lighting at our places
(mods and halls) on each of the nights.  Hanukah can be about
community, and it could be fun to gather together to light candles
together (either with one Hanukah or each bringing one if we have one).
Also hampshire alumni and chabadnic's Aaron and Chana Scoglan have
invited the hampshire community to a tentative latka (and beer?) party.
  More to come as to when.

2nd night- Thursday night around 8:30pm- ALL hampshire Hanukah Party in
the top of donut 5.
This will include lots of food (I'm in charge of making latkas and
sufganiot) and then lots of snaky party food (anyone want to do the
shopping?), arts and craft projects (card making, cup decoration and
other fun things), story telling (anyone want to track down children's
hanukah stories?), driedle playing. and singing (anyone want to compile
hanukah songs?)

3rd night- Friday- Shabbat and Hanukah together!  Double simcha!

Have a Happy thanksgiving and shabbat shalom (I'll miss ya'll this
week)!
Lexi