[Jewish] Donut 5 as Spiritual Life Center

lfkeshet lfkeshet at mtholyoke.edu
Mon May 10 14:48:04 EDT 2004

Dear Students,

Liza Neal, Hampshire's new Spiritual Life Coordinator, is asking faith
groups to come to her office (top of Merrill) to sign a memorandum that
designates the top of Donut 5 as the College's Spiritual Life Center. This
space would be used by faith group for their religious functions, and as a
religous life library. I believe this space has been approved by the
administration for this purpose but student support will finalize this
designation. The Jewish community can continue to use this space for Shabbat
evening dinners, services...as well as other holidays that benefit from a
sanctified spiritual space. This space will also bring us into conversation
with the other religious traditions as we practice the art of interfaith
dialogue around shared space. If you support this endeavor, please go to
Merrill tomorrow (Friday), and sign the paper that is on the Spiritual Life
desk. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to
contact me (lfkeshet at mtholyoke.edu). B'Shalom, Rabbi Lisa