[Jewish] Tzedakah and Chanukah

Alexis Light adl02 at hampshire.edu
Tue Dec 7 22:46:42 EST 2004

  Because in our joy it's important to remember those who still need
miracles... Just one of many ideas.
This project is being put on by the URJ-Union of Reform Judaism
For more info- www.urj.org/csa

Chanukah Sa'mach ya'll (happy chanukah ya'll).

NER SHEL TZEDAKAH

Ner Shel Tzedakah (“candle of righteousness”) is a project in which
families and individuals devote the 6th night of Chanukah to learning
about the problem of poverty. They donate the value of the gifts (or
the gifts themselves) that they would otherwise exchange on that night
to organizations that assist the poor. This year, the 6th night of
Chanukah falls on Sunday, December 12th. By making donations on the
sixth night of Chanukah, you will help our candle of righteousness glow
brightly for those in need. Don’t let the light go out!