[Jewish] TAKE ACTION NOW!!! Canada deligitamizes Magen David Adom (Israeli Red Cross)

jjg99 at hampshire.edu jjg99 at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 25 21:42:46 EST 2003

----- Forwarded message from Robin Goldstein <rgoldste at poweruser.com> -----
    Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:51:37 -0600
    From: Robin Goldstein <rgoldste at poweruser.com>
 Subject: Fw: This got sent to me, seems legit and something you'd want to see
      To: Mark Goldstein <mgoldste at poweruser.com>, jjg99 at hampshire.edu,
carrie at jgallagher.net, Micki Sarab <heymb at msn.com>

Message
----- Original Message -----
From: David Sternberg
To: Sheri Hokin ; LSternbabe at aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 8:36 AM

Canada has decided to close its Magen Dovid Adom (Israel Red Cross) off
and decertify this organization as a charity eligible to receive aid
from Canadians!  Magen Dovid helps people all throughout Israel,
regardless of their religion or ethnic background.

On the other hand, the Red Crescent (the Moslem Red Cross) which only
helps Muslims in the Middle East, will continue to be a recognized
charity by the Canadian government.

This is clearly a political decision and we need to voice our objections to
it. The decision can be reversed if enough pressure is put on the
Canadian government. Please sign a petition,
located at website:

www.PetitionOnline.com/savemda

It only takes a minute. Please pass this on to others.

----- End forwarded message -----