[Jewish] Fwd: Wednesday @ Hampshire

jdp01 at hampshire.edu jdp01 at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 27 12:54:06 EST 2002

Hi Everyone.  I am forwarding this to you in case anyone is interested.  SAFI -
 student alliance for israel is meeting TONIGHT - WEDNESDAY... 8:30 in the
DAKIN LIVING ROOM :). this is not a discussion meeting, this is an agenda
meeting so please attend if you are interested. what israeli events would you
like to see on campus? the following is a forward from the SAFI group.  Any
questions? call jill at x4794

http://www.umasshillel.org/safi/ now contains an advertisment for our
planned Latin & Middle Eastern dancing night. Please post these on your
doors, in your halls, on your roommates, etc. We have a very limited time
window (it is this Saturday) so we have to do it now...it will go a long way
towards exposing the five college area to Israeli culture.

The Five-College Student Alliance for Israel is meeting at Hampshire college
dakin living room in the Hampshire college campus at 8:30pm this Wednesday,
Feb 27 We're aiming for the meeting to be 45
minutes. If you can give rides from UMass let me know, and if you need them
we'll be gathering at the UMass Hillel House at 8pm.

Here's what we got for an agenda, if you want to add something email me what
you want to add.

Agenda:

- Brief Introduction (Dan)
- What has happened in the five campuses since we last met:
	- Hampshire report
	- Smith report
	- Mt. Holyoke report
	- Amherst College report
	- UMass report
- Upcoming events
	- Latin and Israeli dancing night (Dan Y & Talia Schwartz) - Saturday,
March 3rd
	- Talk - Loolwa Khazoom (Konstantin - litovskyk at mediaone.net) -
verified
Monday, March 4th
	- Talk - Mitchell Bard (Ari - aihutt at student.umass.edu) - verified
Monday,
April 8th
	- Talk - Neil Lazarus (Sharon - sadams at MtHolyoke.edu)
	- Talk - Consul General (Doron - dkorinow at student.umass.edu)
	- Talk - Israeli Rescue Team / Ishmail (Sharon - sadams at mtholyoke.edu)
	- Middle Eastern Night - (Dan - dyagudin at student.umass.edu)
	- Bet Cafe - (Daniella - bdaniella at hotmail.com) - Thursday, April 25th
	- Yom Ha'atzmaeut - (Dan, Julia, others, Leah Weiss -
ldweiss at student.umass.edu) - April 17
	- Yom Ha'zikaron - (Daniel - dginsber at student.umass.edu)
	- Beduin Tent - (Julia - Jul3five at aol.com)
	- Lag Baomer - (Daniel - dginsber at student.umass.edu)
- Publicity
	- Point person needed on every campus
	- Flyer distribution
- Action
	- Women in black response
	- One Day in September

Some stuff may be taken on or off, but this is a rough idea.

A final note about anti-Zionism in the area. Someone mentioned to me that
their feminist poetry professor made some anti-Zionist remarks. What does
Zionism have to do with feminist poetry???? I hope my fencing teacher
doesn't start doing the same thing...

-Dan

----- End forwarded message -----