[Infinity] Uploaded edited version with some stand in 'bumpers'

jdbLO jdbLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 14 10:06:37 EST 2018

Hi gang:  I uploaded the edited (cut down from 1 hour of raw recording) version. (On google drive in folder 'Preview Videos’)
A couple of things to note….   I added 2 ‘Bumpers’  these are what you often see at the beginning
of a broadcast like hours.  The first is usually the “Channel” indicator, so the NBC “Peacock and Chimes”
for example, or the one I put (entirely stolen - not even resized) just to get you to think of what that will be.
Also I added a “Page Peel” transition to cover over the ‘hiccup’ of the fact that we did a lot of takes not one
continuous “Stream”.   Not to worry, I think we are doing well and still on tract to hit our goals.

There are more “Design” related things we could discuss (our own bumpers, credits, updated graphics, more
set ideas and I would argue, we might want to have our segments more like the one Shine did, which utilize
what we call a “throw” to a reporter (in this case Shine) that does a report that has its own stylistic and content-centric
focus.  One reason I think it’s a good idea is that it creates easier ‘break-points’ for a multi-take recording. Another is
that it creates visual, audio and presentational Variety, which takes a lot of pressure off of the presenters (Toast and Ta’a)
and possibly has other benefits as well.    So. . .  lots to talk about (IMHO), plenty of progress to be made, and lots to brag about!

Please use the email -    infinity at lists.hampshire.edu
to respond to this, or to say where- else (Slack/Facebook/Google) etc.
you WILL correspond.  Ideally I’d say we should freely express our opinions
in a way that feels like we have been heard individually, yet still find a collective focus.
Good work. Let’s do it AGAIN!!!
John Bruner
Advanced Media Coordinator
Amherst, MA, 01002-3372