[Infinity] Important Check : Bruner

jdbLO jdbLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Dec 13 11:35:38 EST 2017

Hello Everyone: Let me first say that last Friday felt really good. We DID IT!  We understand enough about how it works that we can now see
the “light at the end of the tunnel”.  We understand, not everything, but enough that we have a sense of the baseline of what it takes to make it happen.
You can plainly see that this is not a small endeavor and that it isn’t something that is conducive to small numbers or to brief moments. It takes time and a team. But I suspect you can begin to imagine how you can achieve your goals. And I hope your imaginations are stoked and that you look forward to proceeding at least half as much as I do.
  I am getting to something less positive here…  I am emberassed and frustrated to report there was a hitch however. As much as I hope you won’t feel too frustrated or upset the recording is dead. I could explain how the file got corrupted, I could explain that every other time we’ve recorded I turned on ALL the recorders (of which there are several) but this time, because I was hurrying I only recorded on one recorder to one SD card.  It is unusual, it isn’t something I would have worried about even if someone had asked, but it’s also  a harsh reminder to always have more than one recording if you can.
  It does not change the learning that occured or the good job you did. In fact it leads me to ask, Are We Getting Together This Friday?!
Everything is just as we left it, nobody has been in there since, so it could be easy to come in and repeat the performance. (Which I can’t help but point out is just what is recommended to make this something everyone is well acquainted with, not just “I did a thing one time.” So it’s an opportunity to practice, but with even less of the prep time.

What say You?

Friday - Noon to one? One to two?  Re-shoot the same script?  Another chance to do even better than good?
Please let me know.

Congratulations either way and I look forward
to Spring semester perfecting our craft.

John Bruner
Advanced Media Coordinator
Amherst, MA, 01002-3372
(413) 559-5326