[HSU-CoordBoardInternal] Issue with Town Meeting Ballot - FundCom Stipends

xat12 at hampshire.edu xat12 at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 25 19:18:23 EST 2014

Hi CoordBoard,

I'm writing because I have an issue with the Town Meeting ballot for
the FundCom stipend proposal.

It is unfair to the proposal that precedents were not included in the
ballot. A bit of history should have been provided explaining why
FundCom officers are asking for stipends, narrating that they used to
receive stipends, that they were removed last year, and that the
current officers expected them when signing up for the position.
FundCom is not asking stipends out of nowhere, and this is the
conception Hampshire students who do not go to Town Meetings or are
related to HSU groups (i.e. The Majority) are appearing to have. Posts
around Facebook support this statement.

I am really worried that the results will be unfavorable to FundCom
due to a ballot that lacked complete information.

Please take the necessary steps to address this ASAP.

Best,
Xavier A. Torres de Janon