[HSU-CoordBoardInternal] Fwd: HSU Failing - Broken Voting System and What's Next

xat12 at hampshire.edu xat12 at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 25 17:07:38 EDT 2013

Hi Ethan,

First off, I find it inappropriate that you CC'd the CoordBoardInfo
listserv. This is unnecessary.

Could you please elaborate on how the voting flaws were fixed? Even if
they were, I still have huge issues with the results. I simply cannot
trust them given the flaws in the voting system. How do I know that
the results are real if I could vote Three times? I am almost certain
that if I feel this way, I am not alone.

I have not attended the meetings, Ethan, but I have talked with
members of CoordBoard, Josiah and other people involved in HSU, and
none of them are comfortable with the current status of this system.
It's foolish of us to assert that it's all good. Three members left
Coordinating Board. FundCom has 4-5 members. Two Scope Groups have yet
to be fully launched. CoordBoard is making decisions that were not
supposed to be made by it. I have yet to receive any single e-mail
signed by HSU in any way in regards to issues on campus. I saw no
postering for our last Town Meeting. I have seen no postering for any
Scope Group.

The fact that this pressing issue cannot be addressed by next Tuesday
speaks to the problems in the system. The voting results of a
fraudulent election *were shared*. I have no doubt in my mind that
next week, people in this college will start taking steps to making
sure that the voting results are institutionalized. The third member
of the Strategic Planning Committee was also elected through this
process; if HSU does not take a stance against this alleged democratic
process, this person will start meeting with the Committee. This is
not okay.

I am participating in the system, Ethan, by trying to make it
accountable. I will not allow the SAF Endowment to be opened, a vast
amount of money being transferred to the Barn, through a voting
process that was broken.

Best,
Xavier A. Torres de Janon