[HSU-CoordBoardInternal] Town Meeting

jci12 at hampshire.edu jci12 at hampshire.edu
Sun Nov 17 17:57:58 EST 2013

Hello,

The Accountability Board meets Sundays at 1:00pm, we had just had a meeting when we collectively wrote the emails you all received. We also maintain internal communications through a facebook group we’re all in, where we discuss things that come up during the week in preparation for our weekly meeting.

The structure and purpose of the Accountability Board is different from that of Coordinating Board. Accountability Board, for instance, has two co-chairs, rather than coordinators.

The most recent email sent, in response to Mitch, does not have anything in it which is not a reiteration of what we had already discussed in our meetings prior, and there is a thread in our facebook group discussing these responses. It was written by several members and approved by a co-chair, with consensus from the facebook group.

In the various meeting minutes in the red binder, there is record of discussions of how Committee of 10 would be held accountable. It says that if one was concerned that the Committee of 10 itself was not behaving ethically that one could raise those concerns with Josiah Litant. Since we don’t have any official documents yet, using records of what had been discussed is the best thing we have for now. This is what we had agreed on in prior meetings and how we’ve been doing things.

The warnings we’ve sent are just warnings. We’re sorry that it comes off as scary or rude but it’s the purview and job of the Accountability Board to try and make sure the various governance groups of the HSU are acting transparently and ethically, and that sufficient advertising happens is a part of being open and transparent. Issuing warnings, we figured, is one of the better ways to try and do that.

There’s discussion on our group of possibly having a meeting specifically for addressing these grivevances (since right now, all we’re doing is reiterating things from previous discussions we’ve had). We would love to work with you in figuring out how this could happen.

-Erin Corbett, Jesse Ide, Mike Merzel, Sal Migliaccio, & Xavier Torres de Janon from the Accountability Board.