[HSU-CoordBoardInternal] Town Meeting

committee10 at hampshire.edu committee10 at hampshire.edu
Sun Nov 17 16:24:59 EST 2013

Hello Mitch:

Thank you for your reply. We'd like to first say that we apologize if
we have been appearing in any way disrespectful or condescending
towards you or any member of HSU. The work that Accountability Board
was given is not an easy one, and it's difficult for us, or anyone for
that matter, to demand changes without seemingly being antagonistic or
aggressive. It must be remembered that nothing we do is meant to be
personal or hurtful.

The guide that we referred to was indeed in the red binder, just like
every part of HSU's structure and 'purview.' Thus, if we deny the
validity of this document, so would we have to do so with HSU itself.
This is linked to the continued struggle the system has been having
with its lack of official "bible" or "constitution." Like you say, we
are all trying to do our best to pilot this structure, and we, as
probably everyone else in the system, are working without any guidance
but our own judgment. And we believe that if Town Meeting is being run
like this, it should be our responsibility to stop it; who else, if
not us?

Accountability Board will meet to seriously discuss the HSU Revisiting
Group referred to by you and brought up by one of our members in a
previous meeting. It is clear that the idea must be pushed forward,
but there isn't any indication of who is to do so.

All this being said, we insist and reiterate the problems we have
outlined about the next Town Meeting. Please attend to them as soon as
you can.

Thank you,
Accountability Board