[Haiti_action] today

Liza Neal lneal at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 11 18:09:41 EST 2010

We had a good meeting today-- I even brought snacks, so if you missed it
you really missed it. Oh, okay, so they weren't actually that exciting
as far as snacks go but still.

On to more important things:

Next week!
Tuesday the 16th the film The Agronomist will be showing at 7p in the
ELH. Lyla has made a fact sheet and a poster is on its way to
duplications.  Posters will be put up here and at Smith. There will be a
facebook group set up so keep your facebook eyes open. Most importantly,
SPREAD THE WORD! That is the best form of advertising. And come yourself
as well.

On Thursday the 18th the Faculty/Staff Silent Auction will be at 12n so
Melissa, Emily, and myself will not be at the meeting, but there will
still be a meeting. So be sure and come Thurs. 12n to the Airport
Lounge. That night at 8p there will be a Haiti Relief Concert in the Red
Barn. Pam is looking for a student to do the poster. Nate said he'd ask
his art student friend. Any other volunteers? She does have some photos
of the Grupo Folklorico Palo Santo that could be used. **If you are
interested, email Pam at ptinto at hampshire.edu**

Later Events:
The Rave has been moved to the 5th because of the Holyoke Drag Ball. So
March 5th Friday at 10p in Saga. It will raise money for The Haiti
Project which Jessie is involved with. **If you would be willing to show
up at 9p to help set up, that would be wonderful.**

On Saturday March 6th in the Main Dance Studio at 7p there will be a
performance for Haiti Relief: Urban Word Presents Sunni Patterson.

On Thursday March 25th, there will be a coffeehouse with music and
coffee on the first floor of the Tavern and crafts to buy (proceeds for
Haiti of course) on the second floor. **If you have crafts that you make
or know anyone who makes jewelry or anything else, please bring them to
either me at the Spiritual Life Office on the 2nd floor of Merrill
Student Life or to Phoebe.**

The interns have decided to have their all house event be a Haiti
Benefit. Yay! Still to be decided what the event itself will be.

There is a local community member who wants to bring a huge number of
artists from Porterhouse records, a NY Haitian Ra Ra group, and others
to have a big event in the RCC with some of the smaller artists in
smaller venues on campus. We're going to get in touch with her for more
details and explore what it would mean cost and detail wise for us here.

The producer and director of the film we had talked about screening
(whose name I don't seem to have written down! Anyone?) is interested in
coming; we have not heard about cost.

I think that's everything!
Have a great weekend.
Be well.