[Haiti_action] Haiti Concert on 2/18 in the Red Barn

Pam Tinto ptinto at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 10 17:34:59 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

Sorry to have missed last Thursday's meeting. We have a fantastic line
up confirmed for next Thursday's concert at the Red Barn and I could use
some graphic design help to make a full color poster. I have permission
to use the Grupo Folklórico Palo Santo attached photos for any
advertising we do on and off campus which would be perfect for the
poster. And have requested photos of Ayizan Sanon which should be along
shortly. If you are interested and available to assist with such a
project please email me asap.

Many thanks,
Pam Tinto

Haiti Relief Concert to benefit Partners In Health
Friday, February 18th
8-11pm Red Barn

8:00
Sambalanço, Hampshire's own community samba ensemble! They will be
bringing heavy rhythms from Brazil, Palestine/Israel and the US of A.

9:15
Ayizan Sanon
Ayizan performs regularly with his renowned group AZAKA, a Haitian
roots band playing world fusion. He is a singer, guitarist, composer
and percussionist steeped in the traditions of Haitian folklore and
honed by the streets and music scene of New York. Tonight he will be
performing a special solo set.

10:00
Grupo Folklórico Palo Santo
Palo Santo is a group of dancers and musicians in the Pioneer Valley
that is dedicated to the study, performance and teaching of Afro-Cuban
folkloric dance and music. Miguel Periche, from Holguín, Cuba is the
principal dancer. Brandon Marger is the organizer and musical director
of the group. Tonight the group will present traditional music and
dances of the Afro-Cuban Santería religion, the secular Rumba
tradition, and Canaval.