[GRN] Body Politics and Empowerment Week Programming

Wellness Center well at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 15 13:01:14 EST 2019

Hi,

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a peer educator at the Wellness
Center and am helping to plan Hampshire's first annual Body Politics and
Empowerment Week. Taking place on campus from March 25th-March 29th,
Body Politics and Empowerment Week will be a cross-campus series of
events that explore the impact of social systems and inequalities on the
way in which we exist in our bodies on a daily basis. We'll also be
working to promote bodily empowerment in the face of these systems.

We're looking to engage with groups and individuals across campus who
are interested in contributing to programming. This could take a myriad
of forms and could center on any topic addressing body politics and/or
bodily empowerment. If you're not interested in creating a separate
program, you can also dedicate a normal student group meeting to the
subject of body politics. All events will be independently created and
supported, with collaboration with the Wellness Center as needed.

If you're receiving this email, it's because you're someone in a
position to add to the conversation of Body Politics and Empowerment
week. This is a great opportunity to share something you're passionate
about, subvert oppressive institutions, educate others on the effect of
racism, sexism, ableism, sizeism, trauma, etc. on how we live in our
bodies, and promote bodily empowerment within and beyond our community.
If you're interested in creating programming, please fill out a proposal
form at https://tinyurl.com/bodypoliticsweek or go to the Wellness
Center's HampEngage page.

Also, if you know anyone else on campus who might be interested in
proposing a program, please feel free to forward this message to them
our give them our contacts. If you have any questions contact
well at hampshire.edu, cw17 at hampshire.edu or arnop at hampshire.edu.

All the best and take good care,

Clara Wagner