[GRN] Bringing Slam Poet Kit Yan To Hampshire College - An Exciting Opportunity for Collaboration!

Brianna Bryse Deane bbd15 at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 26 00:58:38 EDT 2018

Good morning,

My name is Brianna Bryse Deane, and I am a student worker for the
Wellness Center & QCA, an organizer or the Queer Conference, and a
Division 3 student. I am emailing you to tell you about an exciting
upcoming opportunity for collaboration!

Kit Yan, an incredible slam poet (http://kityanpoet.com/) is interested
in performing here at Hampshire College either in October for National
Coming Out Month or November for Trans Visibility Month.

His initial quote for a one-hour performance is $5,000, but I am in the
process of trying to negotiate a lower fee. I think that Kit's
performance would be perfect for Hampshire, and that it would very much
benefit from the collaboration of multiple groups and offices on campus.
Are you interested in being part of this initiative to help with
funding, organizing, and advertising for this event? I know that
together we could work well to combine our resources to bring this
incredible performer to our community.

I have attached his list of FAQ's about his performances- I look forward
to hearing your thoughts on this collaboration soon!

Best,

Bri