[GRN] Meeting with Maya Sungold to discuss "Written on the Body" this Week!

Jules Petersen jbr15 at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 3 09:18:52 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

This week, Maya Sungold from Ethics and the Common Good will be meeting
with us to discuss GRN donating to a really cool project happening next
semester--it's called Written on the Body, and here's the official

Written by and for trans and non-binary survivors of sexual assault and
domestic violence, the new anthology Written on the Body offers support,
guidance, and hope for those who struggle to find safety at home, in the
body, and other impossible-seeming places. This collection of letters
written to body parts weaves together powerful narratives of gender,
identity, and abuse, caringly collected and tenderly held.

In these letters, contributors are remembering, reinventing, and
reclaiming their words, bodies, families, and homes as they create new
definitions of what wholeness means. In writing and sharing these
stories of our selves and our bodies, bodies that often experience such
severe isolation and disconnection, we begin to build resources for
finding experiences in common and healing together.

Join contributors of the book as they share excerpts, answer questions,
and lift up trans and non-binary voices, claiming space to be and feel
alive in our bodies, alone and together, and to vision a future in which
every part of us survives.

See you Thursday!

Best,

Jules