[GRN] Sanctuary in the Streets Rapid Response Training

Nargis Aslami naslami at umass.edu
Mon Oct 30 12:34:06 EDT 2017

Hi folks!!

Civil Liberties and Public Policy is working with Sanctuary in the Streets
to hold a Rapid Response Training on Saturday, November 4th at Hampshire
College.

>From the Pioneer Valley Workers Center website: "Sanctuary in the Streets
is a network of 1,800+ people who are building the infrastructure to stop
state violence against working people, including immigrants and people of
color, as well as to organize a powerful working class movement. We are
launching an emergency hotline to respond to workplace abuse, raids and
deportations, and hate crimes." (
https://pvworkerscenter.org/sanctuary-in-the-streets/) We welcome everyone
to join us in this training as we build the movement for immigrant and
worker justice.

The training will be about three and a half to four hours long, with a
lunch break added in. The event starts at 10:00 AM, and the training will
begin around 10:20-10:30 AM. We will plan to end by around 3:30-4:00 PM.

This training will be centered around very heavy topics, and will require
an exertion of mental, emotional, and some physical energy. The training
will require folks to move around. We will be focusing on how to interact
with the police, meaning that if you plan to attend, you should be willing
and able to take this training and apply it to real potential interactions
with the police in this movement. This does mean that this training may not
be accessible for the most marginalized groups, but it also means that
those of us with privilege and ability have a responsibility to take on
this work.

REGISTER HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/LkUpvH7LU4DbIQqy2
**Registration is REQUIRED. We will only tell registered folks which
building the training will be taking place in by sending out an email to
registered participants the day prior to the training.**

If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me at naslami at umass.edu
.

I hope to see many people at this training!

Best,
Nargis

--
Nargis Aslami (she/her/hers)
Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies│UMass Amherst '18
E-mail: naslami at umass.edu
Phone: 774-402-4884