[GRN] ALL FOR WORKSHOP SUBMISSIONS -- Queer Gender & Sexuality Conference 2017

Jules Petersen jbr15 at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 18 12:10:34 EST 2017

ALL FOR WORKSHOP SUBMISSIONS -- Queer Gender & Sexuality Conference.

Please share widely with your networks:

We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting workshop proposals
for the 8th Annual Five College Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference.
This year we will have the theme of Survival. The conference will take
place at Hampshire College on March 3rd & 4th 2017.

The conference aspires to offer an accountable and supportive
environment in which to explore and queer a wide range of genders and
sexualities at the intersections of race, class, ability, religion,
kink, mental health, survival strategies, and many more in a
specifically queer context. We aim to center the voices of people who
are historically and presently given less space. We strive to provide a
safer space for engaging, learning, and fostering community and dialogue
through offering a broad spectrum of workshops, panels, performances,
and lectures. Everyone is welcome to attend the conference!

Workshop proposals are accepted on a rolling basis

SUBMIT A WORKSHOP HERE:

http://tinyurl.com/confworkshop2017

For more information about the conference including examples of previous
workshops, visit:

www.hampshire.edu/queerconf

From, The 2017 Organizing Committee

---
Emily Rimmer
Director For Women's and Queer Services
Hampshire College
www.hampshire.edu/cff
www.hampshire.edu/qcac

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our
choices." Dumbledore, by JK Rolling

On 2016-11-14 13:40, Nihils Rev wrote:

> Honestly I vote that we replace it into the Taro card slot like a K have both of their worth shops. Because people have really been going wild over changing all their identity documents as of late and I think that getting all of the facts straight and I'm like making sure that all of the processes are correct for what people want to do around identity documents would be very good to have all of that information in one place in person anyways I think that it would be useful and if they're willing to do it I think that would be cool and would draw a lot of people. It's very current.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 14, 2016, at 1:06 PM, Emily Rimmer <erimmer at hampshire.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Another question which i'd meant to ask yesterday.
>>
>> Do we want to change a workshop or add one or neither? Aubri and Toby have offered to do this to add a workshop on how to change names and gender markers on identity documents. What do you think? We could put the workshop in the tarot card slot...
>>
>> ALSO, i haven't said this enough. THANK-YOU so much for all that you've done for this event. I really think that events like this make a difference to folks and you are making it possible.
>>
>> Emily
>>
>> --
>> Emily Rimmer
>> Director For Women's and Queer Services
>> Hampshire College
>> www.hampshire.edu/cff [1]
>> www.hampshire.edu/qcac [2]
>>
>> "It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices." Dumbledore, by JK Rolling

Links:
------
[1] http://www.hampshire.edu/cff
[2] http://www.hampshire.edu/qcac