[GRN] Submit a workshop proposal for the Trans Symposium

Emily Rimmer erimmer at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 3 15:38:08 EDT 2016

Submit a workshop proposal

This email is coming to you from the organizing committee of the Trans
Symposium. This year - our first year - the theme is "trans futures."

A lot of the discussion about trans people's lives revolve around them
being short and, more or less, tragic. As trans people, we feel a need
to engage a different approach to thinking about our lives. The
symposium is a space where trans people to express their whole selves
and imagine brighter futures for both individuals and for our community.
Furthermore, we want to amplify and give specific space for trans
feminine people and trans people of color, who are among the most
marginalized and silenced in our communities.

We are seeking workshops which engage discussions about trans futures.
This can mean, but is by no means limited to: discussions about trans
parenthood, what it means to be a professional such as a teacher while
transitioning, or conversations between generations of trans people to
give trans youth a vision of their possibilities. The committee is also
looking to hear from individuals and communities who'd be interested in
facilitating a workshop or space.

If you are interested in submitting, please send us a proposal [1] by
October 12th midnight for a workshop or talk you could give at Hampshire
College on Saturday November 19th, 2016.

Any questions can be sent to our email below. All are welcome to submit,
and we're accepting a wide variety of workshops!

Facebook Event [2]

Facebook Page [3]

Email: trans.symposium at gmail.com

--
Emily Rimmer
Director For Women's and Queer Services

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our
choices." Dumbledore, by JK Rolling

Links:
------
[1]