[GRIN] ~~*`¡¡¡GRIN MEETING TOMORROW!!!`*~~

Jess Ide jci12 at hampshire.edu
Sun Feb 1 10:38:27 EST 2015

Hi all you lovelies!

Tomorrow (Monday) at 6pm in the Center For Feminisms (behind the basketball
court in Enfield) we'll be having our first GRIN meeting!

Since it's our first meeting of the semester we'll just be having a
meet'n'greet followed by a group discussion of what we want to do this
semester as a group. At 7pm we'll transition into having an organizing
meeting to lay out plans for the semester that were discussed. We'll also
discuss if we want to co-sponsor the upcoming Five College Queer, Gender, &
Sexuality Conference (which is march 7-8th in FPH btw).

Technically, the 7pm meeting is the official GRIN meeting and the 6pm
meeting is a slot for social events and programs organized by GRIN. Both
meetings are open to anyone of any identity, so long as they are respectful
of other people in the space.

Unfortunately, as a downside of meeting the day after signer seminar, we
won't necessarily have dinner at this first meeting. If we have foods it'll
be snacks. In the future we'll usually have pizza or something else to eat.

BTW!!! WE'RE LOOKING FOR NEW SIGNERS!!! Me and B are getting old and are
going to be div 3s next semester, and Shira has decided to rotate out of
the signer position by the end of the semester. So we need new signers too
replace the three of us by this time next year! But we don't want to just
dump three random people in the position at once, so we're looking for
people to shadow us, who we'll train in being signers and gradually phase
into being the official signers a couple at a time.

A signer is basically just someone who is volunteering to be committed to
the group, handle paperwork, represent the group to the adminstration, and
initiate stuff like first meetings of a semester.  You get a free hoodie
every spring for it as compensation and it's usually only an hour or two a
week of commitment outside of regular meetings.

If YOU want to be a signer for GRIN then talk talk talk to any of the
current signers about it. The only reason for not at least talking to us
about it is not wanting to do it.

Anyway see you tomorrow! Take care!
<3
Jess, Signer