[GRIN] Fwd: Friday!

Jess Ide jci12 at hampshire.edu
Thu Dec 11 13:59:49 EST 2014

Direct your questions to the DMC

-------- Original Message --------

		SUBJECT:
 		[Jewish] Friday!

		DATE:
 		2014-12-11 10:05

		FROM:
 		Liza Neal <lmnSA at hampshire.edu>

		TO:
 		"spirituallife at lists.hampshire.edu"
<spirituallife at lists.hampshire.edu>, "spirituallife at hampshire.edu"
<spirituallife at hampshire.edu>, jewish at lists.hampshire.edu,
yogacollective at lists.hampshire.edu,
contemplativepractices at hampshire.edu, atheist at hampshire.edu

If you attended the "Hands Up Walk Out" rally and/or provided resources
for students protesting with the community, thank you for your support.
However, the fight for justice and equity is not over. Black and Brown
lives are continuously lost every single day due to police brutality and
abuse, overall White supremacy.

Finals for students may end and "vacation" for the Hampshire community
will begin this week but the murders, police brutality, victim blaming
of Mike Brown, Eric Gardner, Aiyana Jones and many others continues.The
people have said "this is a movement, not a moment".

THEREFORE ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12TH, THE HOLYOKE COMMUNITY PLANS TO LET
THE REST OF THE WORLD KNOW THE FIGHT HAS JUST BEGUN WITH THE MARCH/RALLY
“FROM FERGUSON TO NYC TO HOLYOKE: BLACK & BROWN LIVES MATTER".

We can not be silent in this struggle, because silence is a sign of
conformity. Our president, Jonathan Lash called for the Hampshire
community to work towards an "Anti-racist" community so, WE STRONGLY
ENCOURAGE YOU TO SHOW THE STUDENTS AND THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY, THAT
WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER. PLEASE JOIN DECOLONIZE MEDIA COLLECTIVE IN
SUPPORTING FERGUSON, THE HOLYOKE COMMUNITY AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IN
DEMANDING JUSTICE FOR BLACK AND BROWN LIVES. STARTING AT 3:00PM, WE ARE
GOING MAKE OUR PRESENCE KNOWN AND VOICES HEARD AS WE MARCH FROM HOLYOKE
HIGH SCHOOL AND RALLY AT THE UCC. There will be speakers and poetry
performances at the rally. We need your support, energy and presence, WE
STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO SHARE THIS EVENT IN YOUR CLASSES, MEETINGS,
WITH YOUR COLLEAGUES, FRIENDS AND FOLKS IN THE AREA.

WHAT: Black and Brown Lives Matter March/ Rally against police brutality

WHEN: THIS Friday December 12, 2014

WHERE: Career point

WHY: Black and Brown lives are still being taken away from the
community, the victims, our community is being targeted and blamed for
their deaths and Black and Brown communities are being blamed for
uprising

WHAT ELSE: WEAR ALL BLACK to support, specifically WARM CLOTHES. Bring
an umbrella just in case (don't let the weather affect your energy)

Drink water or other liquids as chanting can make your throat hurt.
VOICES SHOULD BE LOUD AND ENERGIES SHOULD BE HIGH.

Feel free to share the flier that is attached. If you have any questions
you can directly reply to this email or ask Chris Tinson. Thank you

Signed,

Decolonize Media Collective

Links:
------