[Glasscollective] This Semesters First Meeting (Glass Collective)

shg12 at hampshire.edu shg12 at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 29 11:06:40 EST 2014

Hello everybody! Hope your breaks were excellent, and I hope this is
reaching everybody it needs to.

Tonight at 6 pm I will be running open torch. The meeting for this
club has changed to Wednesday nights at 6. We will be doing things a
little bit differently this semester to try and maximize the amount of
people who come to use the glass working facilities.

If a ton of you show up, I will do a demonstration of something
accessible to beginners for the first hour and then Torch Instruction
101 for the next hour. This is because at these weekly meetings it is
very difficult to get all of you on the torch for any worthy amount of
time. My thoughts are that if I instruct you in how to come and set up
the torch on YOUR OWN time, more of you will be able to come and start
practicing. Glass is very difficult! It takes practice to understand
how glass works, it is an artistic medium unlike any other.

If only a few of you show up, I will try to divide the time into a 6
PM slot and a 7 PM slot, so four of you can go for an hour and then
the next 4 can go for an hour.

If you are interested, please try to be here no later than 6! 5:50 or
5:55 is better, I am really hoping that all who are passionate about
glass can get involved. Please bring a note pad and a pen so you can
take notes on setting up the torch, it isn't complicated but notes
will definitely be helpful.

Hope to see you there!

Sky Hayes