[Glasscollective] First Meeting Tomorrow!

jbp10 at hampshire.edu jbp10 at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 27 02:01:57 EDT 2012

Dearest Glass Collective,

  We will be conducting our first official meeting tomorrow at 6:30. If you
have never attended Safety Training in Lemelson, you must do so any
Thursday at 7 before you can work in the hot shop. If you have passed
Glenn's test, then you are welcome to watch the signers run demos on
glassmaking and time permitting, let some of you hop on a torch to give it
a try. We can only run about 4 torches simultaneously, if all the torches
we have actually work (fingers crossed).

  Just some general rules about the hot shop: wear closed toed shoes, no
loose clothing and tie back any long hair. For glassmaking, wear cotton or
denim (etc.) in case you drop any glob of hot glass you don't want it
sticking to your clothing like it apparently does to nylon.

  The reason this email is being sent out to late is because I'm also trying
to register glass collective with CEL-1 so any of you who need credit will
be able to get it through me. Being a third year and the last of a dying
breed, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this new divisional
system.

  I know that Thursdays are when many clubs like to hold meetings, and even
I have to run to another meeting *cough* gunclub *cough* but we want anyone
interested in glass to have a chance at the torch. Email any of the signers
directly and we can set up alternate times to run through safety and
techniques. (Please do not email glasscollective at lists because it will send
a mass email to everyone on the list)

  Until tomorrow, here's some cool glass.

  Cheers,
  Jeff, Colin and Ayliffe

http://www.etsy.com/listing/106773762/glass-vortex-implosion-pendant-majestic?ref=v1_other_2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/winterjan/2761066156/in/photostream/

http://www.stumpchuck.com/rose.html

  -----

  For you post-grads looking to unsubscribe from glassmaking:

  1. click the link at the bottom of this email, the one at
lists.hampshire.edu
  2. scroll down and enter your email address. You will be sent a removal
email.
  3. click the link in the email.
  4. click unsubscribe.

  This is the same process for all hampshire lists.