[Glasscollective] A Few Things To Keep In Mind...

Maximillian Geoffrey Hardcastle mgh08 at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 6 09:35:18 EDT 2010

Hey Glass Collective!

So it seems like people have been making good use of the equipment in Lemelson!
That's AWESOME.  I love the fact that you are going there on your own time to
make stuff, but Glenn thinks it's a bit too reckless (and he's right).  He has
asked us (Rose, Morgan, and myself) to assemble a list of those people who are
qualified to work solo on the torch.  If you think you are qualified, talk to a
signer and we MIGHT write your name on the paper (no guarantees, but probably we
will write you down... I've already told some of you that you are qualified. If
I already told you, let one of us know that if we've forgotten... probably not
an issue).  After your name is on the Magic Paper you are allowed to use the
equipment on your own BUT you must have Glenn watch you set up the first few
times just to make sure.

ANOTHER THING TO KEEP IN MIND:  When I went in to work the other day the tools
were a bit disorganized... please be more respectful of the space!
- All graphite tools go in the top drawer, not in the glasses box!
- Steel tools go into the second drawer.  Scissors & shears go in the back box,
tweezers, tungsten, etc. go in the middle box, glasses ONLY go in the front
box, and everything else goes on the side.
- DON'T put powder into the marble mold!  Sucks for whoever wants to make a
marble!  (or if you do, make sure you clean it out well)
- Put powder/frit into the nice little powder holder that someone made for us.
- MAKe sure you take your creations with you!  If there's something you don't
want THROW IT AWAY PLEASE!  We don't want to clean up after you unless your art
sells for $20,000 or more.

If we all try a little harder to make sure that the space is kept nice and
clean, it will be a much more pleasant working space for us all.

http://francescadecaire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/blue-lampwork-marble1w.jpg

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/uploadedimages.php?viewid=178290

http://www.joshsimpson.com/gallery2/v/planets/MegaplanetA.jpg.html

Cheers,