[Glasscollective] new info

Katie Richardson krr02 at hampshire.edu
Thu Apr 13 15:37:28 EDT 2006

Glass people: I have copied the majority of a book called "Techniques of
Kiln-Formed Glass". It talks about anything relating to the kiln,
fusing, slumping, mold making, pouring, and *annealing* which people
have been asking about. there are kiln firing and annealing charts.
This book will be in a binder in the yellow flammable closet, where
there is also a giant *lampwork manual*. I highly suggest you read this
stuff if you are interested, it is really useful, gives ideas, pointers,
suggests things that will make you think you're an idiot b/c its the
easiest solution to this problem you've been having or something...

general reminders:

DON'T put the striker in our tool box. It belongs on the wall under the
welding shields.

DON'T remove the regulators from the tanks.

TOOLBOX, FIBERBLANKET and INFO live in the flammable closet, because
they are used for soft glass as well as hard. DON"T put them in the cage.