[GEO] GEO Weekly Digest

Global Education Office geo at hampshire.edu
Fri Apr 29 16:04:25 EDT 2011

School is winding down, and summer’s coming up fast! Take some time to
start thinking about going abroad next year.

Remember that all of GEO's weekly digests (since fall '07) are available
online! Follow the link at the very bottom of this email, and then click
on "GEO Archives".

Contents

Upcoming GEO Events
- Navigating Study Abroad, Thursdays at 4pm. LAST ONE OF THE SEMESTER!

Special Information:
-Child Family Health International (CFHI) rograms
-Next Semester's Deadlines To Study Abroad in 2012

GEO Resources
-GEO Ambassadors
-GEO Website

---------

*Study Abroad Info Session | Every Thursday 4PM | Merrill Living Room

Weekly GEO Info Sessions provide an overview of study abroad options and
how to begin planning your study abroad experience. The last info
session will be on May 5th, so if you have any questions about study
abroad that you'd like to have answered before the summer, definitely
come to this session!

--------

Child Family Health International (CFHI):

Child Family Health International www.cfhi.org, is the leading nonprofit
providing educational Global Health Programs for students pursing fields
in the health professions. CFHI programs allow participants to build
skills and insight working alongside local physicians and public health
experts in developing countries. As a nonprofit, CFHI structures its
programs so funds and resources are funneled back into local
communities, resulting in a sustainable and socially responsible program
model. Through CFHI participants go on 1 to 3 month placements with
physicians in developing countries working in underserved communities.
Participants rotate through local clinics and hospitals, attend medical
lectures, and become immersed in the healthcare system of the community.
CFHI has 20+ sites throughout Bolivia, Ecuador, India, Mexico, and South
Africa which are open to students of the health sciences from any country:
http://www.cfhi.org/web/index.php/program/viewall.

Questions? http://www.cfhi.org or Email: students at cfhi.org
Sign up for the CFHI Email Newsletter:
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?m=1102643129820&p=oi
CFHI on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cfhi

Next Semester's Deadlines To Study Abroad in 2012:

It's never too early to start planning ahead for study abroad. If you're
thinking of studying abroad during Spring or Jan-term 2012, here's a
heads up about when the application deadlines are:

Oct. 13 - Jan Term Field Courses Application Deadline
Hampshire Exchange Program Application Deadline

Nov. 11 - Enrollment Notification Deadline

---------

GEO Ambassadors:
GEO Ambassadors: Becky Tang, Thais Guisasola, Xiaolei Gu, Jake Kolpas,
Aymee Malena, Ximena Casado, and Nathan Whitehouse. Come by the office
from 9 to noon or 1 to 4 and they will be happy to talk to you about
study abroad.

Stop by GEO or call our office (413 559 5542) from 9 to noon or 1 to 4
to make an appointment. We do not make appointments by email, but you
can come to the office to schedule an appointment, talk to a staff
member, or browse through our resource library.

Look at our website too: http://www.hampshire.edu/geo/

------

For questions/suggestions regarding this list email geo at
hampshire.edu. Have a great break!

DISCLAIMER: Opportunities and programs listed on this listserv (unless
specified as Hampshire Exchange or Short-Term Programs) are not endorsed
by our office. It is a list of opportunities that have come our way that
look particularly interesting or that might be good fit for some
Hampshire students. Just because a program is listed here does
necessarily mean that Hampshire "recommends" it any more than programs
not listed.

--

Global Education Office | Hampshire College
893 West Street | Amherst, Massachusetts 01002 USA

Phone: 413.559.5542 | Fax: 413.559-6173

Office Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:30am-noon, 1-4:30pm
Campus Location: Merrill Student Life Center, 1st floor

http://geo.hampshire.edu