[Cs254f11] My plan

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 18 12:03:18 EDT 2011

Consider the symbolic regression problem in Chapter 4 of the book (trying to evolve x^2 + x + 1).

Now think about doing the same thing but after:

- adding some additional functions that return numbers derived from MIDI files; these can take numeric parameters (which might specify locations in the file or kinds of data or whatever)

- evaluating error not by comparing to x^2 + x +1 but rather by comparing to (def josiahs-judgements {:file1 0.8, :file2 0.3, ...})

Make sense?

 -Lee