[Cs254f11] length of individual thoughts...

Wm. Josiah Erikson josiah at insanetechnology.com
Fri Dec 2 11:24:37 EST 2011

So in the way I'm evolving things, I've often got a population full of
individuals with similar error. Given Lee's

(let [sorted (sort #(< (second %1) (second %2)) population)]

would this function get the smallest individual that had the best error? :

(first (first (sort #(< (codesize %1) (codesize %2)) (filter #(= (second
%) (second (first sorted))) sorted))))

(It seems to work)

Is there an easier way to do that? Is this even a good idea? I'm
currently just using it as the final return value so that my final
result is as easy to read as possible :)