[CS] Fwd: Fwd: Mukherjee visit April 5

Paula Harmon pharmon at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 29 15:26:58 EDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Fwd: Mukherjee visit April 5
Date: 	Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:01:11 +0000
From: 	Five College Culture, Health & Science Program
<chs at FIVECOLLEGES.EDU>
To: 	<FCCHS-L at LISTSERV.AMHERST.EDU>

> Dr. Joia Mukherjee will visit Mount Holyoke on Friday, April 5
> (rescheduled from March 8).
>
> Students interested in global health are cordially invited to meet
> informally with her from 4:30-5:30 pm in the Porter Lounge (1st floor
> Porter Hall) at Mount Holyoke.
>
> Dr. Mukherjee is Chief Medical Officer at Partners in Health. Her
> informal talk with students will be followed by an evening lecture.
>
> “Reducing Health Disparities: Changing the Public Health Paradigm”
>
> Friday, April 5, 2013
>
> 7:30 pm
>
> Hooker Auditorium (south side of Clapp Hall), Mount Holyoke College
>

> Dr. Joia Mukherjee trained in Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine,
> and Pediatrics at the Massachusetts General Hospital and has an MPH
> from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is an Associate
> Professor in the Division of Global Health Equity at the Brigham and
> Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School where she teaches
> infectious disease, global health and health disparities. Since 2000,
> Dr. Mukherjee has served as the Medical Director of Partners In
> Health, an international medical charity with clinical programs in
> Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, and inner-city
> Boston. In addition, Dr. Mukherjee consults for the World Health
> Organization on the treatment of HIV and MDR-TB in developing
> countries and is a member of the Executive Board of Health Action
> AIDS, a campaign conducted with Physicians for Human Rights to engage
> the US health professional community in the international advocacy and
> education effort to stop the global AIDS pandemic.
>

> A poster is attached. We hope you are able to attend.
>

> Regards,
>

> Lynn Morgan

You have received this e-mail as a subscriber to the Five College
Program in Culture, Health, and Science Listserv (FCCHS-L). If you wish
to unsubscribe, visit http://listserv.amherst.edu, click on "FCCHS-L" in
the list, then click on "Join or Leave FCCHS-L" and follow the
instructions. To contact the list manager, email chs at fivecolleges.edu.
--
Paula Harmon, Administrative Assistant
School of Cognitive Science