[CS] TODAY! Noor Shaker Job Talk, Monday, March 11, Candidate for Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Game Design, 4:30 p.m. in ASH Auditorium

Paula Harmon pharmon at hampshire.edu
Mon Mar 11 15:07:22 EDT 2013

Monday, March 11, 4:30 p.m., in the ASH Auditorium

Noor Shaker, Ph.D.
Candidate for Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Game Design

Talk Title: "Capturing, Modeling, and Personalizing Player Experience in
Platform Games"

Abstract:  How can we measure player experience? What features should be
used to capture player experience and how can they be extracted? How can
we model the unknown function between game content, player behavior and
affect? How can we generate game content that is tailored to particular
player needs and style? This talk explores ways for capturing and
modeling notions of player experience and presents a player-driven
procedural content generation framework for creating personalized game
content that optimizes specific aspects of the gameplay experience for a
specific playing style.

Biographical Statement: Noor Shaker is a Post-doctoral researcher at the
IT University of Copenhagen. She did her Ph.D. at IT University of
Copenhagen. She has a M.Sc. degree in Artificial Intelligence from
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and a B.A. in IT Engineering from
Damascus University. Her research interests include player modeling,
procedural content generation, computational creativity, affective
computing and player behavior imitation. She received the Best Student
Paper Award at the IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and
Games 2011. Noor is the chair of the IEEE CIS Task Force on Player
Modeling. She is also the main organizer of the Mario AI Championship
that focuses on hot topics on AI in games.

--
CBD to-do list updated and attached Paula Harmon, Administrative Assistant
School of Cognitive Science