[CS] Fwd: Special Announcement: David Teeple speaking at Hampshire College

Paula Harmon pharmon at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 30 11:08:12 EDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Special Announcement: David Teeple speaking at Hampshire
College
Date: 	Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:00:09 -0400

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM, marushka grogan
<marushka.rose at gmail.com <mailto:marushka.rose at gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hello,
    Could you please forward this event announcement to the faculty in
    your schools? Thank you very much.

    Best,
    Marushka Grogan

    Hello Everyone:

    I am organizing an upcoming event that 5 College Riverscaping
    students might be interested in, and am hoping that you will pass
    this opportunity on to your students and colleagues (and consider
    attending yourself).

    David Teeple, a Hampshire alum and nationally-known artist, will be
    coming to Hampshire on April 4th (7:00 p.m., FPH 104) to talk about
    his work combining systems thinking and art with a strong
    environmental message and a focus on water systems. Participants
    have the chance to interact with David one-on-one, as much of the
    event will be conversational.

    One of David's exhibits, /Thinking Water: Poetry, Systems &
    Politics/, has just concluded at the UMass Contemporary Art Gallery.
    This event should be perfect for any student who is interested in
    systems thinking, art and activism, or the environment; or who has
    worked with the Riverscaping competition.

    Best,

    --
    Marushka Rose Grogan
    Hampshire College '13

    Organizer, The 5 College Water Symposium
    <http://www.riverscaping.org/index.php/student-water-symposium>
    EPEC Course Facilitator: /Multi-Disciplinary Water Resources/
    <http://multi-disciplinarywaterresources.wetpaint.com/?utm_source=Wetpaint&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Alerts&utm_campaign=Social>

    “If I can’t change the world, at least I want to change the way
    people look at it.” - Antoni Tapies

    --
[...]

Paula Harmon, Administrative Assistant
School of Cognitive Science