[CS] Saturday morning biomath event at Smith

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 2 23:52:59 EST 2012

Sorry for the very late notice on this, but it just occurred to me that I hadn't seen it publicized at Hampshire and that it still *might* reach interested parties in time for them to attend. I won't include the poster since that might be delayed by the listserv software for approval... so here's Rob Dorit's invitation/description in text only:

---
We are delighted to invite you a symposium on “Biology and
Mathematics: When Worlds Collide” on Saturday, March 3, 2012.  The
event represents a collaboration between the Kahn Liberal Arts
Institute, the Smith Neilson Visiting Scholars Program and the Four
College Biomathematics Consortium.  This year’s visiting Neilson
Scholar is Evelyn Fox Keller, Professor Emerita of History and
Philosophy of Science at MIT.

The event will begin at 10:15 a.m.-11:45 a.m. in the Neilson Library Browsing Room at Smith College, and is open to the public.
The panel will include presentations by Nessy Tania, Walter Fontana and Richard Lewontin and a response by Evelyn Fox Keller,
and will be moderated by Rob Dorit.
---

 -Lee

Cognitive Science, Hampshire College