[CommAdvocacy] Sexual Assault Activism Month Events

Jordan Perry jperry at hampshire.edu
Wed Apr 15 15:35:01 EDT 2015

And here are next week's events - share as you see fit!

*Tuesday, April 21^st **: **Denim Day patch-making* on Tuesday, April
21^st at 3:30pm in the FPH Faculty Lounge. Denim Day is an international
anti-rape, anti-violence, anti-victim blaming campaign, using patches
made from denim jeans as a creative protest tool to fight against rape
and violence in our communities and our world. It’s a time to remember
that all people have the right to live life without sexual violence,
domestic violence, and the fear of either. Participants will create
their own patches to take with them; supplies and snacks provided. This
event will be facilitated by youth leaders of the Youth Empowerment
Project, from the Boston-based Asian Task Force Against Domestic
Violence.Remember to wear your patch on Wednesday, April 29th for Denim Day!

*Wednesday, April 22^nd **: Understanding Title IX: Our Campus Policies
and Processes* with Shannon Da Silva, Student Life and Title IX Intake
Coordinator and Jessica Fontaine, Director of Student Conduct, Rights,
and Responsibilities on Wednesday, April 22^nd from 12-1:30pm in Merrill
Living Room. Lunch provided!

*Thursday, April 23^rd **: **Screening **/The Hunting Ground/* (2015) on
Thursday, April 23^rd at 7pm in the FPH Main Lecture Hall. /The Hunting
Ground, /a new documentary from the makers of /The Invisible War/, is a
“…startling exposé of sexual assault on college campuses, institutional
cover-ups and the brutal social toll on victims and their families.”
Optional discussion to follow.

*Friday, April 24^th **: Bystander intervention workshop* (there’s
another on 4/28, if you can’t make this one!) with Sarah Chichetti,
F’13, and Jordan Perry, Director of Wellness Promotion, from 12-1:30pm
on Friday, April 24^th in MerrillLiving Room (lunch provided) Learn
simple steps to intervene in problematic situations on campus and out in
the world.

*Saturday, April 25^th **: DIY consent kits at Spring Jam* - stop by to
say hello and create your own consent kit! Saturday, April 25^th - time
and location TBA

Events and activities this month brought to you with love and respect by
the Sexual Assault Activism Month Planning Committee, the Wellness
Center, Sexperts, the Hampshire Mental Health Advocacy Network, Diana
Sutton-Fernández, Chief Diversity Officer and Title IX Coordinator, and
the generosity of Mark Engelmann, 72F.

For more information, contact well at hampshire.edu
<mailto:well at hampshire.edu>.

/Events are open to all Hampshire students, faculty, and staff./

Best,
Jordan

Jordan Perry, MPH, CHES
(she/her pronouns)