[CommAdvocacy] Socioeconomic Class & Hampshire

Melanie Mulvey mmulvey at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 2 16:27:25 EST 2013

We hope you had a great break!

For those of you around during Jan Term, we wanted to remind you about
this great opportunity.  We hope to see you there!
*
Socioeconomic Class & Hampshire *is a three-day series open to students,
staff, and faculty that will address issues of socioeconomic class at
Hampshire College. As a collaborative community event, the intention of
this series is to open more visible discourse on socioeconomic class
experiences on campus and what we as a spectrum of community members can
do to more effectively raise class consciousness and confront issues of
class-related oppression. This series will include components of
dialogue, Boalian Theatre (of the Oppressed), and narrative sharing
through which we will draw the connections of class to our other varying
identities.While the series is open to all community members, we have to
cap our participant number to 25. The series will take place during the
day on January 14th, 15th, and 16th, from 9 am to 12 pm (location TBD).
To sign up, please email Adam Ortiz at aortiz at hampshire.edu
<mailto:aortiz at hampshire.edu>.

--
Melanie Mulvey
Assistant to Community Advocacy

Student Life | Hampshire College | 893 West St. | Amherst, MA 01002 |
tel: 413.559.6846 | fax: 413.559.6668