[CommAdvocacy] HIV-interest Initiative

Community Advocacy communityadvocacy at hampshire.edu
Mon Apr 22 15:38:56 EDT 2013

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:26:31 +0100
From: Jill Lewis <jlewis at hampshire.edu>
Subject: HIV -interest invitation

To all HIV-interested people,

Megan Dobro and Jill Lewis would love you to come for an evening
discussion about ongoing HIV interests/ energies on the campus.
We hope to be able to hear - *over food* - about the new HIV Awareness
student-led group initiative on campus, discuss the plans and hopes for
the Thailand field study visit May 2014 - and we hope to welcome some of
the Div IIIs whose work is focused on different aspects of HIV, to
inspire the momentum moving forward.

Please let us know if you are coming - so we know how much delicious
food to prepare.
*7pm Sunday 28th April
at 711 West St. *
the little white house beyond the taller white Hampshire farm building
(10 min walk down across campus- see directions info below: let us know
if you need a ride- and don't be put off by the very, very short distance!)

And all interested in anchoring some of their course work, internships,
activism, scientific/ social/cultural research-with-HIV-on-the-map,
sexual health awareness-with-HIV-on-the-map,
gender/sexuality/discrimination-with-HIV-on-the-map,
politics/economics/community organising -with-HIV-on -the-map, policy or
non-profit collaborations-with-HIV-on-the-map, issues of race, racism,
cultural difference-with-HIV-on-the-map, international politics, faith
and health-with-HIV-on-the-map, arts and social action/
writing/theater/dance-with-HIV-on-the-map, public health, caring
professions-with-HIV-on-the-map.... and more ...
* ALL are welcome. *
So please spread the word...

Megan and Jill
rsvp Megan mjdNS at hampshire.edu   or Jill jlewis at hampshire.edu

DIRECTIONS to where Jill lives:
711 West St. (- down on Rt 116)  - number clearly on mailbox   Tel (413)
230 3373:

WALKING ( 10 mins from the circle)
Walk down past RED BARN to road, then left along the road (towards
Amherst), past the Farm Centre, past a 2-story white farm house with
barn - then 711 is next - a small white house on left, 711 on mail box.

DRIVING
 From Hampshire's main drive, head towards Amherst.  On your left you
will pass the Farm Center. Then after fields there is a big white white
house still on the left, then one field and a smaller white house set
back on the left with white garage.
Our house, #711, is on the left (just before the corner of Potwine on
the right)- a little white farmhouse with a big front porch. The house
sits back from Route 116, with a white garage, but the mailbox is marked
with the house number.
Coming from Hampshire, its on the left just after a yellow triangle
saying NO PASSING on the left!
If you cross Potwine and see Horse/riding store on right, you've gone
too far.

BUS
the house is ONE STOP from Hampshire (on the 5-college no. 38 bus
heading to Amherst/UMass)
Off the bus, cross diagonally a little back towards Hampshire over the
road - you'll see the 711 on mailbox
Buses available to take back to campus.

Entrance is through the back door.