[CommAdvocacy] News to Share...

Amnat Chittaphong achittaphong at hampshire.edu
Mon Feb 20 11:04:17 EST 2012

Dear Invaluable Community Advocacy Staff Members,

I write to you all with mixed emotions to share the news that I have
decided to accept an offer to become the Dean of Students at Holyoke
Community College. I am still in the process of sorting out a start and
end date, but will most likely be departing Hampshire at the beginning
of May. I know for most of you this comes as a surprise. My journey here
at Hampshire comes shorter than I anticipated, and I know the
experiences I have had here will continue to shape me in both my
personal and professional life. This opportunity for me to move on is an
amazing one that will have an impact on my home and work life (and the
importance of that balance for me), and I know it has been my experience
here at Hampshire, my work and relationship with many of you all here,
that has truly provided me the tools to be able to move on and succeed
at HCC.

In the coming months, you will still see the same passionate and
dedicated Dean and friend I hope you have come to trust and entrust our
work with students and the campus community with. I will provide a
clearer date once I have finalized the details with Dawn Ellinwood, who
has been a great mentor in my time here. For those of you who have been
around for some time, I will be joining one of Hampshire's former deans,
Yanina Vargas, who is the Vice President of Student Affairs at HCC, whom
I am excited to be working with. I hope we will continue to build
together while I am still here, and when I am at HCC.

I am leaving a phenomenal staff in Community Advocacy and Student Life.
I will be advocating for this department and our students through the
end of my time here. You all should know how inspiring you are and have
been for me.

In closing, I think the most fitting thing I can say now is THANK YOU.
For the privilege of being a part of this community and for all that I
have learned by being in this community with you all.

In Unity,

Amnat Chittaphong

achittaphong at gmail.com

--
Amnat Chittaphong
Assistant Dean of Students for Community Advocacy

HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE
893 West Street
Amherst, Massachusetts 01002
phone 413.559.5412 + fax 413.559.5663

I.C.A.R.E. Student Life Values @ Hampshire College
Integrity * Collaboration * A Just&  Diverse Community
* Respect for All * Education

Community Advocacy is the name of the department in Student Life, which includes Multicultural and International Student Services (and the Lebron-Wiggins-Pran Cultural Center); Queer Student Services (and the Queer Community Alliance Center); Women Student Services (and the Center for Feminisms); Spiritual Life (and the Spiritual Life Center); The Wellness Center (formerly the Community Health Collaborative) and Sexual Offense Services; and Transfer and Non-Traditional Student Services (Transfer Life).

Community Advocacy at Hampshire College promotes the wellbeing of the entire campus community, fosters connections across social identities and ideas, and engages in passionate and compassionate dialogue and programs.  We support and provide resources for the holistic development of students with the goals of nourishing student initiatives; increasing awareness and appreciation of different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives; encouraging understanding and mutual respect as we actively work towards social change.