[CommAdvocacy] Let the Body Speak advertisement

Sarah Kaitlyn Jackson skj08 at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 9 22:42:56 EST 2011

Dear Community Advocates/Contacts,

Please spread the word about this wonderful opportunity!

Let the Body Speak: An Arts and Performance Project
Jan Term Intensive

Interested? Come to one of these meetings for more information: SUNDAY, November
13th, 2011 or WEDNESDAY, November 16th, 2011
at 5pm (food provided!)
How can narrative connect us with ourselves and each other? What stories do our
bodies hold? We will collaboratively explore the many ways that family, society
and culture affect our bodies and their voices, using various forms of
storytelling. Our avenues of creative exploration include free writing, small
group sharing and discussion, movement, theatre games, film, photography,
visual arts, dance, audio and other creative explorationz. Initial meetings
from November- December will be followed by a three week intensive during Jan
Term. This will culminate in a mixed media production for V-day, an
international movement to end violence against women.

Workshops and rehearsals will be held nights and weekends only. The schedule has
been devised so that this project can collaborate in conjunction with Jan term
classes.

Independent Study credit available

Questions? contact Tal Shreefter or Zemora Tevah at hs10 at hampshire.edu or
zrt08 at hampshire.edu,
or call 646-335-5432

If you can't make it please tell your friends!

Sponsored by the Center for Feminisms and Queer Community Alliance