[CommAdvocacy] April 1, Action Awareness Week and Now

Cultural Center culturalcenter at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 29 15:07:48 EDT 2011

Please help spread the word!
Thanks!

Do you remember, or know about Action Awareness Week?

Three years ago this week, students came together in order to change our
college, and make it an actively anti-racist campus. During those five
days, students educated the community regarding the needs of
under-served populations in our campus.

As a consequence, through the next few weeks, the campus administration
developed its Actively Anti-Racist Administrative Action Plan. ...While
we still have work to do, this week and the resulting plan have served
to provide guidance towards making Hampshire College a more inclusive place.

Come join us this Friday, April 1, from 12-2 PM, at the President's
Office, to remember and celebrate these efforts. Light, "tea-like" food
and refreshments will be served. We'll also have great photos on
display, and copies of some of the important documents that were
generated during that semester.

This event is on Friday, April 1st, 2011.
It is held at : President's Office, Cole Science Center
This event starts at 12:00pm.

This event is organized by : President's Office, Office for Diversity
and Multicultural Education

For more information E-mail jdavila at hampshire.edu

--
http://www.hampshire.edu/culturalcenter