[CommAdvocacy] April 1, Action Awareness Week and Now

kd06 at hampshire.edu kd06 at hampshire.edu
Mon Apr 18 15:34:14 EDT 2011

Hello,

This is Katrina De Wees, an Alum and one of the organizers of Action Awareness
Week. As a former employee of the Cultural Center and The Community Health
Collaborative, I received an email about this event. I am very happy that the
current administration has made this simple effort to acknowlede a very
important historical moment for the college. There is still so much to do as
stated, and I wanted to share my words of support for this event that occurred
early April. Its important for the new generations of the ever changing
community at Hampshire to learn about previous efforts, and to see they are not
alone in the movement and struggle toward anti-racism. I still check my
hampshire email, and am volunteering myself as a resource for any continued
discussion on the subject.

Sincerely,
Katrina De Wees