[Commadv] Ideas for a Vigil

Melissa Scheid Frantz mysSA at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 18 13:21:04 EDT 2010

Hello All

I am sending this email out on behalf of the Cultural Center staff.
Recently, there have been a numerous amount of publicized suicides and
hate crimes against LGBTQ youth. Many of the other 5 Colleges have held
vigils, and I personally feel saddened that the Hampshire College
community has yet to take action. We at the CC are proposing the idea of
holding a candlelight vigil on Oct 26th, from 6-7PM and creating a Speak
Out wall that will be accessible to the whole campus. We would love your
help in this endeavor. Please let us know if there is anything that your
centers are doing to address these recent events, and if we can assist
you in any way.

Best,
Stokely.
CC Staff.