[Clusterusers] Server room overheating

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 21 11:26:58 EST 2018

Hi all,

    This wave of warm weather has caused a renewed test of our A/C
systems in ASH130, and it got up to 100 degrees in there earlier today!
I shut down a few things, opened the door, let warm air escape through
the ceiling and opened the roof hatch, etc, but I've also NIMBYed some
of our least efficient and most power-hungry nodes so that when their
current jobs are finished, they won't take new ones, which should help
reduce the load as well.

    Just letting you know so you don't un-NIMBY them. Thanks. This
shouldn't affect any running jobs other than that they might finish
slightly more slowly. I'll un-NIMBY them if the A/C catches up.

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group