[Clusterusers] Blown breaker

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:35:16 EDT 2017

Hi all,

    We blew a breaker last night, not sure why, and about half the
cluster went offline. I've reset it and they're coming back up now. If
this happens again, I'll worry about it, but there is no obvious cause
that I can see. No jobs were submitted at that time, no spike in usage,
nothing else went offline, and there is nothing else on that circuit.
It's possible the breaker is weak - the PDU, which also has breakers in
it, which are designed to trip before the breaker in the closet, did not
trip.

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group