[Clusterusers] compute-1-3 is out

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Sat Mar 4 07:48:29 EST 2017

Hi all,

    One of the nodes in Rack 1, compute-1-3, just creates too much heat
for the chassis it is in, so I've bought it new, more efficient
internals and will take the internals that are in it and repurpose them
for a gaming machine in the drome. It reboots itself every day or two
because of this when fully loaded with GP jobs. I imagine that's what
happened to the three crashed jobs in feb27a-1440, Lee.

    More info:
http://clusterstatus.i3ci.hampshire.edu/2017/01/31/compute-1-18-and-compute-1-3/
(I may have to do the same with compute-1-18 at some point)

    Cheers,

    -Josiah

--
-----