[Clusterusers] long running renders

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Sat Jun 13 13:59:33 EDT 2015

Hmm, I think it is going OK for now; I mainly just thought that 1
day/node-frame seemed like a pathological rendertime, if that is what
maxwell just does, maybe that's ok.
Our current title render is probably sub-optimal but it seems to be
going ok.
For the next batch of renders from tube we're going to be rendering 1/3
resolution low sample renders, so I *think* we'll be ok, I'll post here
if things seem to go too slow. In that case we could look at
restricting nodes, temporarily pausing and restarting long renders,
priority games, or we could look at external renderfarms (for tube) -
in the latter case I'll try to script some downloads so the rendered
frames go into helga/tube/renders in the same way they do if they
render on the cluster.