[Clusterusers] fly's hardware problem

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Tue Dec 22 11:25:22 EST 2015

Following up Tom's comment, I'm not actually sure what runs we might decide we need in the run-up to our January deadlines (for GECCO). We have a meeting tomorrow morning when maybe more will become clear.

In any event I agree with Jaime in being really grateful for the time you're dedicating to this, and I'm sure we'll manage one way or another... but it'd be great to have the system up if possible.

 -Lee

> On Dec 22, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Bassam Kurdali <bassam at urchn.org> wrote:
>
> I'm fine to wait till Jan too. I was more thinking of pushing some renders since other people might not be using the cluster over the hols, not for a specific deadline.
> cheers
>
> On Tue, 2015-12-22 at 10:21 -0500, Thomas Helmuth wrote:
>> Hi Josiah,
>>
>> As far as I know, neither Lee nor I plan on using cluster for GP runs over the break. On the other hand, we are working on some papers with deadlines in late January that have a bunch of data on fly that we'll need. Will we not even be able to access that data? That could be a problem.
>>
>> Basically, I don't think we'll need tractor or access to the nodes, but it would be good to be able to access and gather data. If that's not possible, it's not a huge deal since we have some initial data, but we'd need access to it ASAP after break.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Tom
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Wm. Josiah Erikson <wjerikson at hampshire.edu <mailto:wjerikson at hampshire.edu>> wrote:
>>> Hey folks,
>>>     I'm trying to get an idea of how much people were planning on using
>>> the cluster over the holidays, i.e. how much effort I should put into
>>> this. Are there folks who were planning to do important work over the
>>> break whose plans will be totally screwed up if it's not back until
>>> after the new year?
>>>     I will come in tomorrow and probably be able to get it back up
>>> anyway, just want to know what kind of priority to give it in case of
>>> mishap.
>>>     Thanks and happy holidays!
>>>     -Josiah

>>> --
>>> -----
>>> Wm. Josiah Erikson
>>> Head, Systems and Networking
>>> Hampshire College
>>> Amherst, MA 01002

Acting Dean, School of Cognitive Science
Director, Institute for Computational Intelligence
Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/, 413-559-5352